ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

June 25, 2008

Pick on Devon Day 6

Devon is close to fearless, jumping, diving, eating, anything for the amusement of others. Drives me nuts, though. His friends will offer up money for him to do something, like eat a fuzzy tomato off the ground, and he will do it. But they don't actually pay. And he does it again, knowing they aren't going to pay. I've told him I have a couple of rules to this behavior.
1. Make them present the money up front or don't do it. He should at least get paid for it.
2. Don't do it during hours the Urgent Care isn't open, the ER is more expensive.

But there are times when he just does it for the thrill.

Like one time he decided to skateboard off the roof. Of the church.

All went well on the ride down and the free falling. The landing went a little badly and he landed on the skateboard on his butt. Probably breaking his tail bone. He didn't tell me until the next day when it was hurting and he had gym to participate in. I said too bad and sent him off to school.

Soon I got a call from the school nurse who said she didn't know what had happened but that Devon said he had a hard time dealing with the pain and that I could write him a note for two days, but more than that he needed a doctor's note. I told her that I do not write notes for stupidity.

You should have heard the silence on the other end!

Devon did whine about the pain for some time, we were all sure he had cracked his tailbone. But knowing they don't treat that unless it is bad, we opted not to bring him in. The pain should teach him a lesson. But he persisted, so we told him how they fix broken tail bones if they are really, really bad. My husband used very descriptive wording and that was the LAST we heard of any pain.

Guess it wasn't all that broken.

1 people think my kids are qtpies:

Darci said...

Off the church roof? Wow. It's too bad the landing went bad.