ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

July 18, 2008

Aloha Friday #2


Kailani of An Island Life has a great meme on Fridays called Aloha Friday and I am participating again this week.


She says: "In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response."

Honestly I am having a hard time coming up with an easy question, lol. I have some controversial topics in my head that I need to get out someday, but not for today.

Personally, we don't space our kids, we let God decide, but I do have a favorite spacing. What is your favorite spacing between children, and why?

My favorite is 20 months because my body has a whole 12 months to recuperate, and yet they are still close enough to be great friends.

10 people think my kids are qtpies:

Unknown said...

2 to 3 years but we missed by half a year lol ours are 3 1/2 years apart

byoc said...

1-1/2 to 2 years seems good to me - not 12 years like between my last two - lol

Cathi said...

Our children are 1 year apart, 27 months apart and 23 months apart.
My grandchildren are 3 years apart and 2 1/2 years apart. I like just around 2 years. It works out well for everyone however I think it would work out well no matter the spacing.

Dee said...

I can't really answer that one my children are 20, 15 and 8. the 20 and 8 year old get along great but I wish they were a LOT closer in age!

Anonymous said...

When I was engaged a mother mentioned to me that 2 years was a nice spacing, but I don't know if she meant 2 years between birthdays or until she got pregnant again.

Each of mine are 21 months apart, and it's working well so far.

happyathome said...

I really do not have a favorite yet, only one child so far!
Stop by my Aloha Friday for a question you probably have not considered!
http://www.lifeislikechampagneblog.com/

Maisie said...

We left it up to God. The first two were 1 year apart. And the others came 2 to 3 years apart. Coincidently, all 5 kids have Birthdays within a 2 month period. 2 years seems to be what I like the best.

Anonymous said...

My first two were 17 months apart and it was awfully hard when they were younger. But my oldest has always been a handful. Now it's getting easier. I like the spacing between my second and third - almost 4 years. Though even that wasn't ideal. I'd like 2 1/2 years between each.

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

My two boys are almost 4 years apart. Thanks to some things we spaced them a little more than we wanted. Ideally we would have liked closer to 3. I love the age gap we have now because it is the same my brother and I have. The boys play together and later they will be spaced enough between Bar Mitzvahs and college as well.

... said...

not something i've put a lot of thought into, but i guess i would prefer 2 - 2 1/2 years.