ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

July 19, 2008

The Dark Knight

Last night Donnie and I went to see The Dark Knight (the newest Batman movie for those of you who live in a cave). What is up with all the comic book movies that are coming out? Wow! I have to see all of them because I married a comic book geek, otherwise I probably wouldn't have seen any of them.
The Dark Knight is a good movie. However, I liked Iron Man better. Batman movies are always really dark. This was one of the darkest, I think.
Heath Ledger was amazing as the Joker. Wow! He gave sick and twisted new meaning. I predict he will win a ton of awards, even though he is now dead. He would have won them even if he lived, I don't think it will just be because people feel the need to honor his death.
The guy who played Batman wasn't great, though. I guess he played the part well, but he wasn't fantastic or anything.
It was violent, but I can't remember any swearing.
Do I sound like I am excited about it? No? Well, I'm not, but it really is a good movie. Great story line, great length, great acting in the Joker, and some fun twists.

6 people think my kids are qtpies:

Carina said...

I imagine that it's a bit too dark for me. I used to be a big Batman fan as a kid, but they just keep getting freakier.

Unfortunately, Art really wants to see this one, so we'll probably rent it at some point.

Jessica said...

My Donnie saw Dark Knight today with a friend. He's also a comic book fanatic. I'm not, so luckily he has a few friends who he can usually hit up to go to those movies. He also thought Iron Man was better than Dark Knight.

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

My husband and I went out to see this one last night. We had fun and thought Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker definitely carried the movie.

Grandma J said...

I don't think you could pay me enough to go to a batman movie...well, maybe if it was enough money...but I can't imagine enjoying it one bit. I never could get into comic book hero movies...I just don't "get it" I guess.

Sassyfrazz said...

Good to get out on a date! :)

Maybe we will wait until this one comes out on rental.

Anonymous said...

I'm married to a comic book freak, too. LOL! I've learned to enjoy both the comic books and the movies. We loved the previous Batman movie and have high hopes for this one, too, though we have not as yet watched it.