ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

July 18, 2008

Game Stop

GameStop is one of our boys' favorite places to shop. All three of our teen boys and their daddy. OK, so I love it, too! But I love it because I am a tightwad and will take a price break anywhere I can get it! I think we've been shopping there for about 10 years or so, before it was even renamed GameStop.

GameStop is the place to go to get some money out of your used games that you no longer play and to get discounts on used games that you want to buy. It is a really easy place to sell your used games and equipment. GameStop offers a trade-in program that lets you bring in the old games and get credit towards new titles or systems. You can also buy new games and systems and attachments for them.

With the heat of summer upon us playing outside gets difficult and finding something entertaining for the kids to do indoors is a challenge. They get bored of the same game after a few weeks, so trading is a great idea for those summer time dollar stretchers.

Cody is our game freak. He'd rather play computer and video games than just about anything, sports, friends, dinner. He doesn't get to play as much as that, but he does play a lot! So for Cody's birthday and even Christmas, much of our family gives him GameStop gift cards. Those are his favorite presents!

Our local GameStop has several game systems set up for customers to try things out. I appreciated trying out the Wii, which so far I am not very good at playing. So I am not sure I want one now. We were able to try out the newest Guitar Hero, too, and that is one of our favorite family games. I think it is because it is one I can play and beat my husband at, and that never happens! But I can't beat the kids. Except at I Love Rock and Roll. They hate that song. I love that song.

I have a gift card coming in the mail for GameStop, it hasn't arrived and we are all bummed. But I'm keeping my eye open for it because a $30 gc is enough to get Cody to rub my feet with lotion for an hour a day for at least a week, hehe. Oh, yeah, I am not above that.

0 people think my kids are qtpies: