ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

July 27, 2008

Potato Salad Day!

I hate potato salad. I do. However, there will be a huge selection so I can avoid it like the plague and not suffer a bit.
We are going to Donnie's family reunion. I love going to his reunions! I've been going since I was 15. Last week of July. Every Year. We missed a lot of years living in Germany and Virginia. But we don't miss a year now that we live in Minnesota. I have even gone without Donnie.
My current header of the kids was taken at last years reunion. I wanted to repeat that to watch them grow, but two of the kids are not coming with us this year.
Kaytlin says I didn't tell her so she can get the time off. But I did. And I have proof. Drew and I told her and Drew even told her that if she went up to work that day that it was still in time to get the day off. But she didn't go. And now I'm to blame?
Devon went off to stay with a friend he met that lives in Stillwater to go to Lumberjack Days. Of course, he arranged a ride there, but not home. I wanted to go get him yesterday, but he says he can stay another week, lol. We'll have to go get him tonight, or Donnie can get him after work tomorrow.
So, bummer, I won't get my shot. And next year, Drew won't be with us. He'll be a grown up in a military job that is still unknown to him.

However, I will be listening for a bloggable gem like I got last year. Potato Salad Committee! Remember? Oh, yes, Donnie's aunt is on the potato salad committee! That just tickled my funny bone!

As much as I have loved Donnie's family all these years, I now look at the reunion in a whole new bloggable light. And taking pictures is certainly expected! There won't be any exciting ones, I assure you, because most of the people are elderly, we are one of the young couples, lol. But there could be a rowdy fight or two over who sits on a chair. But it won't be the kind of fight you are thinking, it will go down like this:

Oh, did you want this chair?
Oh, no, no, you should take the chair.
No, sit, sit, you take the chair.
No, I don't need to sit, you sit down.
I couldn't sit there, I'll sit over there.
No, I'll just stand and eat. You sit there.

And then I'll go sit in the chair! Believe me, I HAVE heard this fight before, lol. Who can out-nice each other, lol. I'm not like that, so I'll take the chair. Or the last rice krispy bar. Whatever.

1 people think my kids are qtpies:

Jackie said...

No! Not the last rice krispy bar! That's just too cruel!