ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 29, 2008

Supper Time!

I'm not sure what got into me. But I guess since I was going to all the trouble of fixing a very detailed, LOOOOONG supper, I figured I may as well go all out fancy-schmancy.
Or maybe I was depressed and wanted some fun. Or maybe I was celebrating that Drew was gracing us with his presence. (his friend ditched him, so for ONCE he was around all evening)
At any rate, I made a masterpiece.
I even brought out the china and the chargers, the wine glasses and Princess House crystal pitcher, even the salad was in a crystal bowl. China gravy boats, and more.
This is across the board everyone's favorite meal. I call it French Dip. I fry beef in caramelized onion and cumin. Then I put it on a crescent roll braid with Monterey Jack cheese. After it is cooked I top with sour cream and dip it in Au Jouis. Seriously yummy.



Everyone went to town on supper.

Then I had an hours worth of dishes to wash.

But we all enjoyed it. Hope-Anne said food tastes better on fancy dishes, lol. She is so right. Even pizza would have tasted better than normal on that table.

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Jackie said...

Feel free to invite me next time!

Yum!

Unknown said...

wow I wanna come too

Carina said...

I have not only never set a table in that lovely manner, I have never owned pretty dishes like that. Maybe that's the reason. Hmmm. Nope, the reason is the hour of dishes. Our meal on the same night was on disposable foam plates. You make me ashamed of myself. =)

Sassyfrazz said...

MMMM~ sounds divine! You can invite us over for supper anytime! LOL~ That meals sounds really delicious! I have so craved French Dip with this pregnancy. I just had that last night when we went out for supper! :)

It was great spending the day with you yesterday! We should do that more often!

Lisa said...

Such a beautiful table!!! I dont take out the china even tho we have 3 set's from his mom (Beautiful) but he is so stinking worried something will break and he cant replace it that its just easier to not eat on them then use them, BTW they have been in the same Military moving boxes (just repacked with each move)for 6 years!!