ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 30, 2008

Missing Virginia

I think it has been about 6 years since we moved to Minnesota from Virginia. It is starting to get cold here now and I am missing Virginia. The warm weather is still there!
I miss being on the beach with the kids. I don't miss the jelly fish, lol, but I do miss the fun they had when they were young. Trinity and Sam are not getting to experience that. Sure, they get lakes here in the Land of 10,000 Lakes, but it isn't the same as ocean front beaches.
Now that the kids are older, I imagine they would want to do more than just build sand castles and catch jelly fish for the moats. I think they would love biking on beach cruisers and playing beach volley ball.
We miss our friends, too. We stay in contact, but it isn't the same. Thankfully we have made so many great friends here to make it easier.

What do you miss about your former home?

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

michelle said...

Which one? California...I don't miss the traffic and all of the smog, but I miss having beautiful weather nearly every single day and being able to go to the beach in October. Illinois...absolutely nothing. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Oregon...everything. We had awesome friends, decent homeschool laws (and tons of homeschoolers to get together with), lots of opportunities for kids, no sales tax, close enough to drive home and visit family. Of course Canada will always be my home and I miss it dearly, even after being gone for 15 years. Our families are there, our memories are there, and our hearts are there. Sounds sappy, I know, but it is the truth. I plan on moving back as soon as reasonably possible, which will likely be a few more years yet. I am sure I will drive my husband crazy in the next few months, since every time I nest, I just want to move home. I am like a salmon, seriously.

Lisa said...

I miss virgina beach. hubby is doing the Rock and Roll half marathon here but it will be nothing like Va Beach where there are MASSES of people on the beach and board walk, it took hours just to get from one end to the other. I miss the smell of a summer evening, I miss the real pulled and chopped pork and sweet tea.
Since we moved a year ago I can't wait to get back south once again, our next move should be FLA, if not I hope for GA.

Mrs. Stam said...

Not much LOL we love the country life way better then the busy city one!!!!

Sassyfrazz said...

Are you doing paid post writing now? This is well written for a paid post! :)

I would love to go to Virginia someday...maybe I will go in your suitcase! :)

carrhop said...

I posted something similar a few weeks ago--we have made multiple moves in the last 4 1/2 years--and I do know that what I always miss the most is the people we have come to love so much in each city in which we have lived...

Blessings!