ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

October 25, 2008

Drew update

Drew called home tonight!
He is loving basic training. I did not get him in trouble by calling his recruiter, thank goodness, though that would have been funny, just a little.
Drew really wants more letters, he loved the big one we sent, it was uplifting until the part about Sam's new snoring game, lol. That made him cry a bit. I guess I need to hound the kids to write to him so he can get several letters a week.

I did get some top secret information from him about his next visit home, but I am not allowed to let the kids find out, so I can't mention where he will be for Christmas. But this mama is happy!

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Lisa said...

mail I remeber that was the most IMPORTANT part of the day. I remeber how much it hurt not to get anything while others were getting tons..My family just didnt write much and it sucked. It is good to know that you have heard from him, gosh I remeber the LONG lines waiting to make phone calls when we were allowed to.but that is the military for you Hurry up and wait, its all in the waiting.

Grandma J said...

That's cool! It will be fun to see him again. I actually have a card we bought for him, but didn't get to him before he left. I could send it to him if you give me his address. I'm hoping my AF kid will be coming home for Thanksgiving.

Carina said...

If I knew Drew I'd write him a letter too, but that might just be a little weird since I really don't.

"Um, Hi! I'm a blog friend of you mom's. How're things?"

Sassyfrazz said...

That is sad that he got all teary eyed. That is true love...what a great big brother Drew is! It will be great to see him again! I would love to get his address...and we can mail him a letter, too!

Kris said...

Yup, it's the little things they're missing that make them get all weepy...and then the things they so quickly forget they missed once they get 'em back! LOL

How cool that you can't tell them where Drew will be for Christmas! Awesome not-news!