ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

October 03, 2008

New glasses

I am still in need of new eyeglasses after Sam bent and broke a part of my frame. Thankfully I can still wear them and not have an issue, but they won't last forever.
We are very fortunate that Donnie works for a very large company and has amazing benefits, including vision insurance, so we can get some relief in our eye glass purchases. However, I am not eligible for new frames this next year. (I am waiting to replace these for when the new benefits kick in in January) That means it is out of pocket for me when these frames bite the dust.
How do people do it without insurance?
Zenni Optical got great reviews from the Clark Howard show, but the comments from listeners were pretty mixed reviews. Many, many people found Zenni to be a great company with amazing prices, and several who had something bad happen said it was an error on their part.
I am getting ready to give them a try because their frames are as low as $8, which is a much nicer fit in my budget than $200. Zenni just got some new frames in, too, so the choices just keep getting better! I may even get a second pair just in case Sam gets my glasses AGAIN.



Policy for reimbursed posts

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Kathie said...

Without insurance (that's us) we just have to trust the God will provide. I will soon be needing new glasses myself.
Blessings from Costa Rica

Canoearoo said...

We don't have eye coverage, so we go to Walmart. Its much cheaper

Anonymous said...

I always broke my glasses. Finally, I recently had laser eye surgery and it is wonderfu:)