ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

October 04, 2008

The strangest realization....

Donnie and I were talking this morning, reflecting on his birthday, and he commented how 19 years ago I was still in the hospital with Drew.
I disagreed, I didn't think it was that long. He thought I was in for a month, and I know it was only 19 days that I was in the hospital.
So, we counted them out and realized that Drew and I left the hospital on Donnie's 20th birthday, and neither of us realized it until 19 years and 1 day later.
The guilt! I don't think I even mentioned his birthday that day. His first as a married man.
Not that I didn't have a LOT going on in my life, having just had a baby in a foreign country in a hospital where no one spoke English, with my baby taken to a different hospital for 16 days, things going wrong on my end and me needing surgery, and then me needing physical therapy to walk again. All without family or friends and my husband working a very busy military exercise.
But still, I feel guilty.
Our children's conceptions and births quite often coincide with holidays and special events, and that is one we didn't even realize.

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Unknown said...

My daughter was born the day before my mother-in-law's birthday, almost 2 1/2 years ago. She was my in-law's second grandbaby, and only grandaughter. I remember laying on my mom's bed (I had her at my parent's house, cause they have a jacuzzi tub) with my brand new baby nuzzling at my breast, looking at my mother-in-law and saying, "Sorry, Pam, but we didn't get you anything for your birthday." She just looked at me and with her eyes said, "Yes...You did."

Lisa said...

I so know what you mean about being "alone" in a foreign hosp. my oldest was born early in Offenbach germany, we could not communiate, all they could tell me after being there a week, we make cut we take baby, they couldnt tell me why, I remeber asking someone in the elevator (a complete stranger) to look at my chart and tell me what was wrong. I didnt see Talyn for a week becaue they would not let me out o bed and then we had to fight the hosp to have him transferred to a military hosp becuase we thought they were keeping him too long, the military hosp only kept him overnight..

jpandtheboys said...

Us girls are crazy when it comes to guilt!! Seriously. I forget birthdays all the time and I don't have any excuse. So if it really bothers you do something now for him special to make up for it. :) BE CREATIVE but give yourself a break, we all need a little grace. ;) I will be praying for your son and your family. What an adjustment time for all of you.