ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

October 09, 2008

Thursday Thirteen Green Edition

Thirteen ways I am living more green in my life. I am concerned about the health of my family. We have some allergies to cleaners, so I want to make a cleaner, greener home for them.
1. I am a Community Activator for Green Works 30 Days to Natural.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
2. I am switching to Green Works cleaners. Especially the dishsoap. I still buy Dawn, it works best for stripping cloth diapers, but one of my children is allergic to Dawn and can't wash dishes unless she uses Green Works.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


3. I hosted a Better Homes and Gardens going green House Party. We got together and discussed ways to clean with more natural products.
It was actually pretty fun, even though the grandmas will not give up their bleach to clean with, lol.
4. I use cloth diapers. It saves water, trees, and the landfills. Plus it saves my kiddo's bum from his disposable diaper allergy.
5. I have been trying Soap Nuts for my laundry instead of soaps. I am not sure I am ready to switch to them yet. They do clean perfectly, but they don't have a "clean" scent, so I feel less satisfied about washing them. Check them out at Laundry Tree.
6. I went to 30 Days to Natural and planted a daisy, you can too! Please do so for me, it is easy.
7. I am watching the video diaries on 30 Days to Natural to see how those women do being green for 30 days.
8. I am getting green tips via email to see what else I can do.
9. Green Works has a facebook page, I faved them and am watching for more great tips.
10. I switched to Green Works all purpose cleaner and I love it! You can use cold water to wash your floors and they get just as clean.
11. I do recycle a lot, though I am not terribly strict about it. No compost pile, either.
12. I have switched to cloth pads instead of disposable pads and tampons. That was an amazing switch, and reduced my cycle to only THREE DAYS!!! And much, much less PMS. Well worth it!
13. I am telling others about more natural ways to clean their homes and about using cloth diapers and pads to help spread the word about how easy it is to be more "green."
What do you do to make a safer environment for your family?

13 people think my kids are qtpies:

Janet said...

Why would that reduce your cycle and give you less PMS? Interesting...

The Rock Chick said...

Thanks for the green Facebook page tip! I'm going to check it out. I've been trying to go greener, too! I've been buying the Greenworks cleaners, I swapped out all of my lightbulbs for those florescent ones, I bought a bunch of tote bags so I don't have to use the plastic bags at the grocery stores and I've been really doing a good job with my recycling! Every little bit helps!!

Great TT!
Jessica The Rock Chick

Anonymous said...

Hi, cool list! Going green is an exciting thing! Been wanting to do it for a while now. I did a TT list too, it's here: http://lifes-adventures.net

Cheers!!

Noelle

ShannonW said...

What a great idea for a Thursday Thirteen! Thanks for a few ideas also.

After Hours said...

Good Job going green!

Thanks for stopping by my site!!

Anonymous said...

You go green girl! This is awesome. I applied for that Greenworks home party, but didn't get it. I was dying to know how the stuff worked. Now that I know, I will give it a try.

I used only cloth diapers for my kids. So much cheaper than disposables. If only I could convince my kids to use them on the grandkids. But since all the old-fashioned diaper services are gone, they won't try it.

threesidesofcrazy said...

Great list - I quit buying commercial cleaners years ago and am real happy with basic things like vinegar, baking soda and such.

Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Hi, re: being online while blind, I have screen reading software that reads the screen out loud to me. I live aloan, but have a care provider once a week, (um, if I could only get on the internet once a week, life wouldn't be as much fun!!) (Not to mention, a lot less inconvenient, because I pay my bills and do just about everything online!) Bungee jumping was a whole lot of fun!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I haven't tried mama cloth yet...I'm hooked on the DivaCup. We cloth diaper too, LOVE it!

The Oceanside Animals said...

We use a Ladybug steam cleaner on the floors, shower, counters, etc. It doesn't require any cleansers at all. (It is much more powerful than the cheeseball steamers you get for $20 at Lowe's, but it costs more to buy. A lot more.)

Danica Favorite said...

Interesting... I'll have to check some of these ideas out.

Homemom3 said...

I love the house party site, we got to do the Star Wars Clone Wars. I didn't get the Green Works but a month or two ago I got to try it out. I love the stuff. :)

www.babylune.com

Mia Celeste said...

Good for you. The Going Green Party sounds like something we all should do.