ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

December 19, 2008

An Indian Giver I shall not be

Last night I took Hope-Anne shopping with me. She is 12. She talked all the way there. (20 miles) She talked the whole time we were in the store. She talked the entire way home.
At some point she started talking about Paul Bunyan and his big blue ox, Babe, who made the lakes in Minnesota with his foot prints. She thinks that Big Lake must have been made by him laying down.
I just couldn't take it anymore. I told her she talks constantly about nothing. She got mock offended and said that Paul Bunyan was her life! I said her life was annoying, then. That set her off more. "Huuuuh! You called yourself annoying! You are part of my life. And Dad! And my friend Anna! You called Anna annoying!"
At that point I said "I paid for your supper." which is code for "SHUT UP ALREADY!"
She got all mock contrite and agreed. Then turned toward me and said
"Do you want it back?"

Um, no.

7 people think my kids are qtpies:

Joyful Noise said...

Good answer - I wouldn't want it back either. Somedays, DJ is like this...only he adds Mom after about every three words. Did you ever think that you would get tired of hearing "Mom"?

Kris said...

So....which is worse, the 2yo or the 12yo....in my experience, neither one ever shuts up!

Grandma J said...

I wish my (almost) 12 year old would talk to me a little more right now. She seems to think her life is "none of my business" right now. Where do you suppose Hope-Anne gets her sense of humor???

Carina said...

She's a clever little motor-mouth, isn't she?

Sassyfrazz said...

That is so funny! What a comment to give in response! Yes, those kids can talk the hind leg of a mule sometimes! I understand...lol~ too funny, though!

Sassyfrazz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

roflol
Padma