ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

December 18, 2008

Thursday Thirteen Happy Edition

In light of the poor economy, and our fun state of unemployment, I thought I would focus on all the things that make me HAPPY right now. In no particular order.

1. I am overjoyed at having good friends.
This pic is my very pregnant friend Sarah in red, and my friend Anna in black on the left.
This pic is my friend Jeannie in the red and Jody with the baby. My new friend Padma is next to Jeannie.
2. My amazing family makes me happy. My kids are great, truly. They are so good, it just baffles the mind. I don't know how it happened, but they turned out better than good in spite of me.
3. I am happy that my Airman is coming home for Christmas on Saturday!
4. My daughter has a "special friend" that I am not allowed to blog about, but I am thrilled about the whole thing. (especially the fact that he will not kiss until his wedding day)
5. My two little reversal miracles bring me great joy. I know the amazing blessing they are after altering our fertility and then putting it back in God's hands. The enjoy life and I love watching them.

6. I get so happy looking at my nativity set. It is the only thing I have to remember my grandparents by. The one ornament that I had with my grandpa's handwriting on it broke a couple of years ago. I got this for Christmas last year, and this is the first year I haven't cried about losing that ornament.
7. I am learning to make some great new crafts. I love making these necklaces. It makes me happy to see something I have made be worn by someone else. Especially when they make my teenage daughter happy. How often do you make something your teens like? LOL

8. I also started making hair bows. They are a huge hit and I am selling tons of them before I have even opened my online store. My family and friends are not complaining about being used for test subjects, either.
9. Having heat in my house makes me happy. It is so cold outside, I love being in front of the heater and soaking it up.
10. I am so happy that I have a loving church family. It makes life so much easier to know that people have your back and pray for you.
11. I am happy that I have a good marriage. There have been some very, very rocky moments, but we have stayed committed and come out stronger and happier.
12. My blog makes me happy. I need to talk and get things out. This saves my husband's ears and has made a lot of friends for me.
13. Free things make me happy! Winning prizes, doing reviews, free samples. They make my frugal heart sing.
What makes you happy in these tough economic times?

12 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully New Years will bring employment as well as good friends and family. It's good to have both.

Anonymous said...

My furkids make me happy. I'm not allowed to be in a bad mood with them around! :)

Lisa said...

I am glad you have things to be Thursday Happy...Me I am feeling GRUMPY, hormonal and not thankful hubby may get home tonight (dont know why he has been gone long enough). I think its time to be quiet and have some one on one GOD time, and remeber I am thankful for a warm house and enough food for my kids, and the things I have won so the kids have a christmas.
Thank you for remiminding me of the simple things we often take forgranted.

Grandma J said...

Great Thursday Thirteen! I'm very happy to have you for a friend too.

Anonymous said...

I already like your daughter's special friend :)

Many Christmas Blessings!

Chelle Y. said...

That was a happy post!

Your daughter's special friend sounds like he had the same church as I did growing up!

Wani said...

Great list! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Downstairs I can hear Oprah doing a show on her favorite things on a budget.

I was a cloth diaper and co-sleeping attachment parenting parent too. My sons are grown and turned out great.

Joyful Noise said...

I am thankful to have you as one of my fab four, too :p I am also glad that you have chosen not to blog about Kaitlyn's special friend, she may get mad at you again!!!

If we look back on what we are thankful for - then we remember how truly blessed we are! Right now however, I am NOT looking forward to Christmas and getting sad and frustrated about it - but that is another matter altogether!

Joyful Noise said...

BTW - I have some more that are spoken for and tomorrow is payday so they want them then... Also someone is requesting a Tinkerbell since I sold the only one that you had made. Let me know...

Sassyfrazz said...

You are wonderful, and I am so thankful for you and our friendship! I miss you...and I look forward to when we can get together!

Happy to hear that Drew is coming home this weekend!! YEAH~~

Great post! Fun pictures! I love the one of Sam and Trinity!

You are doing super with your jewlery and bows! I am happy that you are making profits, too! Great job, Lisa!

Anonymous said...

i am thankful for moving to such a great place with great neighbors!
Padma