ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

December 18, 2008

Wow, Who Knew?

I had no idea that when I posted the pictures of my new addiction I would start making money.
I love making the hair clips and the necklaces, and I really love seeing people wear them. Getting paid for it doesn't hurt at all.
I went through all 50 clips that I bought, so now I am out of them. I have to order them online, so I have nothing to do! Whaa! I went smart this time and ordered 500, lol. It brought my cost down $7 total, and then all the shipping I would have spent getting 50 or 100 at a time. I also bought my ribbon at a wholesaler for the same company and got that price lowered a ton, even with having to ship from two places.
I am opening my etsy store this weekend sometime. I have to see how much inventory I have left after my friend Jody brings my product back from the daycare center she works at. She was telling people about how the ribbons stay in fine baby hair all day, and they wanted some of those. Jody asked me to send some clips along with her and she'd sell some for me. Boy, did she ever! The first day she had made $40 for me by noon! Plus a special order. OK, I'm hooked! I may even start doing craft fairs.
But first I have to supply all the girlies in my family with free hair bows, and my friends' girls, lol. I love doing that.

2 people think my kids are qtpies:

Lisa said...

I am tickled to death you are able to make some "Dough" from your new venture, and the best part you have FUN and ENJOY doing it. That is fantastic!!

Sassyfrazz said...

I am so, SO happy for you!! This may be a store all of your own! I do mean that in good spirits. I just know right now, I am of not much good to help. Maybe I will join in this spring making some of my own creations! I am so happy you are loving what you do, doing an amazing job, and making some great dough! :)