ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 15, 2009

Cozi Gets Me Organized

Organization is not my strong suit. I used to be able to remember all appointments for my family for months on end without a calendar, even with 5 kids. But somewhere about age 29, my brain cells turned into fat cells and I no longer can remember something, even if I remembered it that morning. I can't even remember what I came into a room to get some days, lol.

But with 6 kids at home, I have to remember things. I forgot to pick Cody up from school the other day, so he walked home and had icicles hanging off his eyelashes! Mom guilt, big time.

Thanks to Mom Central I found a way to keep me organized! I am in the beginning stages of putting everything into a new site called Cozi. I can enter meetings, lists, etc into the website either online or on my phone. (I have internet on my phone) If you don't have internet, you can do it online and have reminders texted to you or your husband and kids to remind them of important meetings or events.

The calendar is color coded by family member to make it easy to know who has what without bogging down the entry with words. Each family member can go online and put in their activities so that I know why they aren't home today. (I do NOT remember what they say to me quite often) Then I can set up reminders to text me what they are doing or where I need to be. Soooo handy!

I am not good about writing a grocery list, so I am not sure how this is going to work for me, but I can put in what we run out of on a list and then access it on my phone when I go to the store. Or I can have several lists with ingredients to favorite recipes so I don't forget something. You can cross the item off the list without erasing the list so you can keep using it.



The mobile phone portion, which is in Beta, works with iphones and Windows Smart Phones. Other phones can use the text feature. Anyone who signs up and tries Cozi by February 4th, 2009, will be entered to win a two-day home organization makeover with professional organizer, and incoming NAPO President (National Association of Professional Organizers), Laura Leist. In Laura's two-day visit, she will makeover either the kitchen or home office in one lucky winners' home; a service with a retail value of $5,000.


Cozi is a very versatile tool for busy families. The features include: calendar, customizable lists, reminders and messages, mobile phone access, a family journal, photo collage screen saver, and Cozi syncs up with Outlook.

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

purple6 said...

This sounds like a great tool to have. I think it will work great for you since you're going to be OLD this year, LOL!

Joyful Noise said...

I think I need this too...and I don't have 6 kids at home!

Lisa said...

sounds like something I want but would not use. Kinda like the $400 tread mill that became an expensive coat rack, or the recumbant bike that soon found its way to the garage because it was in the way...