ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

February 18, 2009

The early quiet of the morning

As I sit here curled up on the couch drinking my coffee and reading emails in the early quiet of the morning, I just soak up the silence. The sun is streaming in the kitchen window and shining through the hall all the way to warm me in the living room. My coffee is sweet and delicious and makes me feel pampered. MMMM, white chocolate caramel.

Soon the day will hold no silence anywhere. The children will be woken up and my day will have started as "Mommy." The children will swarm around me like little baby birds chirping for their food. Once they have received their food they will leave it sit somewhere for the dog to eat. Then they will start their random destruction. Tearing games out of the game cupboard is Sam's new obsession. He tried writing on the wall this week, but I made him clean it up. He did clean it, but he didn't seem to enjoy it as much as the other children, and I am hoping that he is the one that learns not to write on the wall.

My day is also going to be full of fighting. Fighting for our health. I am taking Cody to the doctor to start finding out why we can't get over this flu and if there is mold in our environment. I am also going to find out why the kids get sick in certain rooms in the middle school, what is going on, and what should I do about it? I have air quality papers that prove that there is still water damage and "visible growth" as of this past summer.

I will possibly be fighting with the middle school about what to do with the kids and their schooling.

So, for now. For the next few minutes. I am going to enjoy the quiet. Relax in the joy that I have now that Donnie is employed and we found that we will have some health benefits through the recruiting agency. (don't know how good of benefits, but we will have something!)

Peace and Joy. Peace and Joy.

Then it is time to wake the kids.

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Mrs. Stam said...

I know how loud a big family is (my in laws had 12 kids and 6 of them married and 4 grand children later yap all together we make quite a loud crowd LOL)

But I'm sure you love having all of you crew!!!

But quiet is good too!

Grandma J said...

Quiet is good. I checked your blog once or twice this morning, and there was no new posts up yet! Somehow you managed to do 3 before I got back here. Sometimes the feed that I have to your blog doesn't update right away, It still had yesterday's up even now.

Carina said...

I love the mornings. They hold such promise. Unlike the evening, which holds only fatigue, frequently.