ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

May 17, 2009

Weird flashbacks

I guess my kids all got their brain back the other day because they all apologized to each other without being forced to. LOL

Last night Donnie and I went on a double date with Kaytlin and her boyfriend, Peter. We all like movies, and Peter works at a theater (doing construction) and they give him free passes, we likey!

So we went and watched Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. I hadn't seen previews but it sounds funny. The guys went because they wanted to be with us, awwww! Well, lets just say that just because Matthew McConaughey is in it, doesn't make it a great movie. In fact, his character annoyed me to no end!

We almost walked out of the movie in the first 5 minutes. The first 5 that Donnie and Peter spent looking at the floor. Half naked women, almost sex scenes. We gave it a chance because we assumed that once the girlfriends past started in on him there would be no more sex, and there wasn't.

The movie had a ton of 80's flashbacks for us, though, lol. Great music, and at one point Matthew McConaughey was wearing a blue jacket almost identical to one that Donnie had in high school, lol. Totally funny! The 80's hair, so fun! Good times! In the end, the movie was pretty good. But it's a rental, don't waste your money going to theaters.

Then we went out to eat at a Chinese place. I was starting to feel a little sick, and I thought it was not eating good yesterday. (but no, I now have the flu)
As we were sitting there eating and talking, Kaytlin said something about learning more languages than just French and Peter said something about her not needing to do that or something, and she said "You are crushing my dreams!" I had a total flashback to Donnie and I, I always crushed Donnie's dreams. Peter and I realised that we are realists and they are dreamers. I've learned to (most of the time) just let Donnie dream.

Have you seen the movie yet? What did you think?

5 people think my kids are qtpies:

Lisa said...

I havent seen the movie, my sister wanted to see it but for some reason I have no intrest in it, (maybe its because I am dog tired since Sailor has her day and nights mixed up) that and nursing her every 2 hours

The 80's oh how I miss those years LOL, remeber the Valley Girl phase? The Preppy phase, oh my goodness those were fun years finding out who I was and where I fit in...

Cher said...

I actually haven't even heard of this movie!

Also, I wanted to let you know I have a whole bunch of giveaways going on at my blog that I would love for you to enter and/or share with your readers!

Sassyfrazz said...

I haven't seen the movie yet. We really don't get to the movies much anymore.

Sounds like you all had a great time, though. Sorry you are sick.

Terry is a BIG TIME dreamer, too....

Workship said...

Haven't seen the movie.
Great idea for the double date! Sounds fun.
I've got one of those dreamers at my house, too. I'm the realist, but I sure was glad when I realized that I didn't have to jump into every dream and find out what was realistic with it. I could just enjoy his dream, and know that mostly it is just that - a dream. The ones that are worth pursuing will happen in the right time. He's not going to take me to live in Mexico or Alaska tomorrow, he's just thinking and checking ideas out out loud. Whew!
Daisy :-)

Anna said...

I have seen the movie and I did like it. I thought it was fun to see all the flashbacks also. Some of that was very true to the era.

But I disagree the whole reason I liked the movie was because of Mathew M. LOL

I did like it but I agree it is not one I would go to the theater again to see.