ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

July 26, 2009

Wedding cake pictures

I think the cake turned out pretty well, though I am not all that happy with it. I notice all the flaws, and thanks to Donnie, I notice more flaws than I noticed on my own. He's so helpful like that.


The families loved it, and the bride and groom thought it tasted fantastic, and that is all that matters, right? Good. Cause I wasn't happy with it. Can you see the biggest flaw, the one that makes me cringe?

8 people think my kids are qtpies:

michelle said...

Wow! That cake is amazing. I have always wanted to learn how to decorate cakes. I don't necessarily need to learn how to do wedding cakes or anything too fancy, but it would be nice to do more than chocolate frosting on a layer cake. Perhaps I should take a class in all of my free time.

Michelle

Unknown said...

What flaw?? I didn't see any flaw!!

Great Job!!!

Sunshine Girl

Lisa said...

You are to harsh on yourself, the cake was beautiful, and no one gagged on the cake your you are good!!!

Jackie said...

A true artist always sees the flaws that no one else can see, because they're too busy looking at how pretty it is!

Grandma J said...

Hey Lisa! I'll let you in on a little professional cake decorator secret...the guy I worked with at Cub Foods, and I used to tell each other, (when we were being too critical of our own work), "If you just stand back, tilt your head a little, and cross your eyes ever-so-slightly...it looks GREAT!" We decided that's how the rest of the world sees our work! Good job!!

Carina said...

I think it looks lovely! You did a wonderful job. It looks like way too much work, though.

Cheryl Pitt said...

Biggest flaw? Being too self critical! :) It's really, really beautiful!! You did an amazing job. I love the piping!

kailani said...

It looks amazing! Aren't we our own worst critics? LOL!