ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

October 13, 2009

Is it really almost Thanksgiving?

Thanksgiving is barely more than a month away! I can't think of a year that we haven't had Thanksgiving at our house. Many times it is just our immediate family, but we often have family and friends over. I think that is our favorite holiday. Yummy food, cozy family times together eating and watching TV, cleaning the kitchen, eating left overs.

Donnie and I have tried many cooking techniques for our turkey over the years. The typical roasting pan was nice, but not spectacular. Then we went to the Rotisserie. Yum!!! In fact, that was so good that my dad went and bought a rotisserie! Next Donnie won out and bought a Turkey Fryer and started deep frying our turkeys. At first they were fantastic!!!! But now they don't seem all that special to me. I think adding the $20 of Peanut oil to my food bill was killing me.

I am ready to try a new method now. An Oilless turkey fryer sounds like a great alternative! I don't have to choke up the money for the oil, and we don't have the danger of garage fire! It goes in like it is being deep fried, but it is cooked with infrared technology. Propane heat gets distributed to the whole cooking surface to make an even heat. It doesn't even require preheating! But I think my favorite part is that there is a drip pan so that you can actually make real turkey gravy from the drippings! We don't get that with the deep fryer.
It is slightly more expensive than the regular deep fryer, but in just two uses you will recoup that money by not purchasing oil! I just have to sell Donnie on the idea. He likes the danger of possibly catching things of fire, lol.

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Mrs. Stam said...

Never had deep fried turkey is it any good?

Drew said...

It's FANTASTIC! And I'm not sold on this one either. There's just something wrong about a turke cooker that can't destroy something if you're not careful haha

Lisa said...

Now that is something I am so going to check out for sure. I love makin turkeys but I love my kick bootie pan gravy even more!!