ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

November 13, 2009

Creative Kidstuff!

Earlier this week I got an invitation to a sneak peak at the new Creative Kidstuff store in St. Louis Park. (which is really in Minneapolis??) I have never heard of Creative Kidstuff before and I had no idea what it was until this morning. It is a really neat toy store! The toys are creative, of course, and high quality. It is a great place to get wooden toys, musical instruments, science type stuff, games, and many types of building toys. (including Toobies, which we LOVE)

So, my blogging friend Jody and I made the hour drive with 5 of our kids starting before 8am. Promise of breakfast treats and a gift bag helped make the early rise a little easier.

I was really impressed with the layout of the store and all the items the kids can play with. Our kids played with the kitchen set and made us "ice cream cones" for quite a long time while we were checking the store out. I couldn't believe what I found there! A rolling pin for kids, but not just any plastic thing, it is weighted so it will actually work, and it has a non-stick coating to keep the kids from getting frustrated with sticking dough! We have been looking for a rolling pin the kids can use, and that one was great and a super price!

There is a great birthday party room where they spend an hour on activities for the kids, and then the parents supply the cake or food from there. Plus they host events for parents and kids, alike! There is an upcoming holiday shopping time for parents only called Early Bird OR Night Owl Shopping Event for Grownups Only Saturday November 21. They serve mimosas and breakfast treats in the morning or wine and desserts in the evening. FREE gift wrap on all purchases made during the event.

I am going to try to talk Donnie into going tomorrow night to a Kreetures event that is free, but requires registration.

2 people think my kids are qtpies:

Grandma J said...

I wish I had decided to go with you guys! It sounds like you had fun. Didn't there used to be a Creative Kidstuff at the MOA? It sounds familiar.

Anti-Supermom said...

It is pretty close to Minneapolis - but I wouldn't say SLP is Minneapolis (cause that's where I live :)

It was cool to meet you and Jody. Glad that you made the drive to support a Minnesota company, doesn't that feel good.