ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

December 31, 2009

The homecoming

Do you remember the Folgers commercials every year where the older brother comes home early in the morning and his little sister always greets him before everyone is awake, then they make coffee to wake everyone else up?
This year the little girl was all grown up. This makes me cry! I think of Drew coming home, and soon Devon will be leaving and coming home for the holidays. They come home and their little siblings are growing and growing. It just breaks my heart!


Drew and Sam have a special relationship. Drew calls Sam his Bubby and just loves him silly.
Drew was finally able to take a bus home 4 days after he planned to, so he missed Christmas, but he did manage to come home. I picked him up and we pulled in a little after midnight. Within 5 minutes of getting in the door, Donnie's mom called to be rushed to the ER. So Drew and I sat in the ER until 4 am. Drew had to leave early for a Christmas with his girlfriend's family, so Sam didn't know Drew was home.
When Drew came home in the afternoon he heard Sam in the other room. So before Drew had even taken his coat off he calls out "Is that my Bubby?"
Sam heard him and came running "Dew!"
"Bubby!"
"Dew!"
And then they found each other:














Is he really here? Sam kept looking at Drew, hugging him, looking at him, hugging him. Finally he just laid there and soaked Drew in.

6 people think my kids are qtpies:

Carina said...

You made me cry with your commercial and your pictures. Family is so wonderful!

Kris said...

AWWWWWWW!!!!

**sniff, sniff**

That happened at our house too, except there was a lot of high-pitched sqeualing involved as well!

Glad he finally made it home!

Shell said...

Ahhh, how precious. I'm so glad he was able to make it home. Mine aren't old enough to leave yet. I'm not looking forward to it but, it is something I will have to grow into.

I'm glad for your joy.
Shell

Ms. Anita said...

Oh how precious!

Susan said...

Great pictures makes cry when I look at them. What a loving family you have.

Anonymous said...

Your idea simply excellent www.qtpies7.com