ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 05, 2010

Pain

This past 8 months I have not felt up to blogging or writing my newspaper articles. I force myself to blog, but I can't bring myself to go back to the paper and write about young children. I have been in a bad mental state since my ectopic pregnancy rupture.
I gave myself time to grieve, it was rough, I very easily could be dead right now, and the choice we had to make rocked our world. But I couldn't understand why I was grieving for so long.
Kaytlin was a twin, but her twin died somewhere between month 3 and 4. It was hard, but I had Kaytlin and I did OK. Between Devon and Cody I lost a baby who was due January 5th at 9 weeks gestation, though the baby had died at 6 weeks. That was tough, but I was pregnant with Cody by the due date and replaced my grief with the fact that I wouldn't have Cody if I hadn't lost the other baby.
I've had a few more miscarriages, mostly I find out I am pregnant and the next day it is over. Those were sad, but not horrible.

Why do I feel like I am going to lose my mind over this one? I've really struggled. I can't forget for a day. Not one day in 8 months. In spite of the bad advice to focus on the 7 healthy children I do have, I can't forget and stop mourning for the child who died.

January 3rd was the due date. I made it through the due date with nothing more than some held back tears because Drew was home and I just enjoyed being with him. But getting ready for Christmas? That was horrible. I would lay there in bed and think that my abdomen should be huge and there should be a kicking baby in there that I would be getting ready to welcome into our home. I should have been putting up the bassinet and the tree. Washing baby clothes and buying cloth diapers for a newborn.

So why is this so much harder to deal with than the other babies? I didn't even want to be pregnant when I found out. I didn't even believe it for a week.

I was talking to one of our pastors and his wife last night and I think I understand. This loss was traumatic. It took away more than just my baby, it took away my thoughts of the world. I was so against abortion (still am) and was so sure that there just wasn't a choice of the mother over the baby, you leave that in God's hands. I never associated ectopic pregnancy with abortions, though. The baby wasn't going to make it, so it wasn't really an abortion??? I don't know, but when I had to sign to have my baby pulled from my body without knowing if he/she was still alive I fell apart. I died inside. It literally was me and the baby or the baby. The baby was going to die no matter what I did, and if I didn't choose me, I was going to die, too. There was no choice, yet the choice had to be made.

I lost by baby, I lost my tube, and I lost my view of the world. And it sucks. Big time.

7 people think my kids are qtpies:

Mrs. Stam said...

this post bring tears to my eyes! Praying for you

Love

Renee

Teri said...

You're right. It sucks. Sharing the burden with you Sister.

Cheryl Pitt said...

I'm so sorry. I had many of the same thoughts about my D&C. It sucks. I will pray for peace. I'm so very sorry. I love you.

michelle said...

I am so sorry to hear about the pain you have been going through. I will be praying for you.

Ms. Anita said...

Wow! (I think I said that in my last comment that I left here.) I cannot imagine the emotional struggle of feeling like you are aborting your baby... to keep yourself alive. What a horrible experience! Thank you for sharing with us even though it's obviously VERY painful.

Susan said...

I don't know what to say about htis post but i am sorry. i don't understand all the sadness inthis world right now. i lost my baby at 16 weeks just a little under 3 months ago. I am so sad and just want to get past this but can't. i am want so badly sometimes to just run away and i get so sick of people telling me how blessedI am to ahve 7 healthy children. i now that but i also know that one of my children died before i could hold him. I am so so sorry for your loss I pray we all can get through our hard times and feel that joy again.

Joyful Noise said...

Sorry Lisa, I knew you were struggling with this but I didn't know the extent! You know that you can always talk to me although with me being pregnant I was probably the last person you wanted to talk to. I will pray for you - I love you!!!