ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

January 06, 2010

The best laid plans, HAHA!!!

Yesterday, Devon turned 17 years old. (he is the boy in the white shirt in the picture)

Devon called home sick from school yesterday. He puked twice and the nurse was sending him home. So when he gets home, he walks in the door and sprints up the stairs and I asked him how he is. "Fine!" Really? He didn't feel sick, he just puked. OK, then.

Within an hour he was dressed to leave the house and started to walk out the door. Um, where do you think you are going?

"To the swim meet a little early." (yeah, 3 hours early??)

"No, you are sick, you are not going anywhere."

"No, I'm not sick, I'm fine, it was something I ate."

"Trinity, Sam, Hope-Anne and now you are all puking, it isn't something you ate."

"Ugh! I'm FINE!!!"

"Not going. But even if you WERE fine, you haven't done your chores yesterday or today, and that means you aren't going."

So he stomps off threatening to stay in his bed the rest of the night.

Pretty soon he comes down and asks to go because he really isn't sick.

"I didn't throw up."

"What do you mean, you didn't throw up?"

"I lied to get out of 4th hour so it wouldn't ruin my birthday. And now you won't let me go to the swim meet."

"How do I know you lied then and are not lying now?"

"Um, you don't."

"Wow, that plan sure backfired on you then, haha. You are not going, besides you still haven't done chores."

"Ugh!" (stomping and door slamming.)

It wasn't fun having to do that on his birthday, but I had to. But it is kind of funny!

8 people think my kids are qtpies:

Mrs. Stam said...

oh well, he will learn not to lie I guess.

So was he sick or not after all. And are the rest of the crew feeling better?

Teri said...

ROFLOL! Gotta love it.

Carina said...

I bet he'll think it all through a lot more next time!! =)

Ms. Anita said...

Way to handle the situation! Wow!

kailani said...

Good for you for sticking by your guns! So, did he make it to the swim meet?

Lisa said...

Did he honestly think you would let him "go" while sick, let alone his chores not finished or done.

Good for you

Joyful Noise said...

Happy Birthday Devon...hope it was worth it to skip 4th hour now! :)

Unknown said...

Pastors are NOT supposed to lie! Tsk tsk