ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

February 18, 2010

Oh, the excuses he'll give

Sam is such a stubborn kid. He just will not potty train on my schedule. Never mind the fact that he was completely trained, even at night, he just won't use the toilet unless he feels like it. No bribing or disciplining will work.

Today I called him my baby, and he said he wasn't a baby, he is a big boy. But I said he wasn't a big boy yet because he still pees in diapers. He said "big boys pee in their underwear."

I asked him about Cody, Cody doesn't pee in his underwear, he uses the toilet, so what is Cody, then? "Cody a monster."

OK, then what about Daddy? He pees in the toilet, he's a big boy, right? "Nope, he the Hulk."

Hmm, what about Devon? He doesn't pee in his underwear. "He Devon."

Sam, would you just give up the Pull Ups already? I know you know how!

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Joyful Noise said...

Wow is he stubborn!

Shell said...

Oh gosh, I had one like that. I hate to say, he wasn't trained till he was just shy of 4.


What worked? First off; I'm not telling you this is what you should do. Just what we did and what worked for us.

Well,...I first made sure he really, really knew how to potty. And then, I told him if he peed in his pants one more time, that I'd spank him.

Well, he pooped in his pants. I spanked em, I have to say. And not just a few. I told him it was disobedience (in simplier words) and that I meant pee and poop in the potty; not his pants.

He had dry, clean pants from there on out and, never did it again.

I never had to do that with any of my other kids. He was the 4th child, 3rd son; out of 6.

Just a cute stubborn stinker. LOL

Shell

Lisa said...

umm, yeah we just got done with the pull ups, we are still fighting her on the poo in the potty thing, I am guessing she will be pooing in her undies till she is married she is so hard headed, and thus she takes after her mama.