ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

February 27, 2010

Ruined forever

My kids have been telling me for years that dipping McDonald's fries into shakes are amazing. The whole sweet and salty thing and all that. My kids, and hubby, are all into chocolate shakes, which I wouldn't touch if you paid me. (unless it was a LOT of money, then I would)

Thursday night Hope-Anne and I were needing a treat after an exhausting evening of grocery shopping, so we stopped by McD's for a shake, and she asked for fries to go with it.

I prefer strawberry shakes, so that is what I ordered, and she ordered her chocolate. To prove that I am right that shakes and fries do not mix I dipped my fries into my strawberry shake.

"What the heck?"
"What?"
"I don't know. It isn't good, but I have to eat more."
"Haha, I told you so."
"No, really, try it in mine, it isn't good, but you can't NOT eat more."
"Woah!!! What is that?"
"Exactly."

It tastes weird, but seriously, I can't imagine eating McDonald's fries without strawberry shake ever again. Fries are forever ruined to me now.

Donnie didn't believe me, so I made him try it, too. He agrees. Very weird, but you gotta eat it.

6 people think my kids are qtpies:

Jackie said...

Fries with shakes are the BEST!

Joyful Noise said...

I prefer them with the vanilla shakes!

Sassyfrazz said...

that is super crazy and I have never heard of that before! You have sparked my curiosity...so I will have to try it now. :)

Janean said...

The first time I did this, I was a teenager and did it to irritate my parents. GIGGLE Now I do it cuz I LIKE it. But I Must confess, I do like the chocolate thing better. ;D

Grandma J said...

I'm with Sassy...I've never heard of it either...not even sure I want to try it. Not that I have shakes very often, but I DO like McD's Shamrock Shakes this time of year and have had a couple recently.

yofed said...

I prefer dipping them in their chocolate sundaes!