ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

March 31, 2010

What causes this?

Before the movie How To Train Your Dragon came out I saw all sorts of items to buy from the movie. Especially interesting to us were the really large sized stuffed dragons they had at Walmart. I didn't know which one to buy before the movie, so I planned to wait to see which one Sam liked before I bought one.
Well, the movie came out on Friday, so Saturday I went to get one for him. Do you think there was even ONE of the main dragon? Nope, not one. And thus grew my desire to get one. In one day all the Walmarts around were wiped out of the Night Fury dragon named Toothless. What happened? It was a cute movie and all, but to be wiped out in ONE day?

I found out what happened to them. After searching several towns for them Donnie went to the internet. Turns out some very smart people bought them all and are selling them on ebay for double+ the value! Smart for them, but ticked me off.

I was sending people every where out to find them for me. Even my mother in Maine. Finally on Tuesday my friend stopped at a Walmart about 30 miles from us and found the last one and called me. I finally have a Toothless, but 3 kids who want him.


I have to admit, I went a little psycho trying to get one. Why? What would possess me to go so crazy for it? I think it was the fact that I couldn't just get it that made it even more desirable. I HAD to get one. Forget the fact that Walmart is expecting more shipments of them, I had to have one NOW.

I went a little loco. But I won! I got it for $15 instead of the $40+ on ebay. And I am probably going to get another for the other kids who want one.

3 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anna said...

I am glad you at least got the one.

Unknown said...

why is it called "Toothless"? It looks like it has teeth to me.

Qtpies7 said...

In the movie he can retract his teeth like a cat does it's claws.