ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 22, 2012

Breaking through!

A little over a year ago, after more than a year of pain and heart break, I made a decision to start selling Pure Romance. It wasn't an easy decision, but after 4 months of praying, it seemed like God was telling me to do it, and telling my husband to encourage me to do it. (he wasn't too thrilled at first) So I took the plunge and did it! I know "friends" talk behind my back about it, and just don't get it, and that is OK, God knows what He is doing.
It didn't take too long before I saw part of the reason I was doing this. The leadership training is amazing! It transfers over to ministry leadership perfectly! The changes that I need to make in myself are being spotlighted and the training I need to learn HOW to do it are found in this company. Now I can see why God put me here. Bonus is having fun and helping women find new life in their marriage!
I recently went to a training seminar with the company and it changed me. I'm still working on that change, but WOW, it was just amazing how it hit me! This is another big reason God put me here!

One of our classes is callled Breaking Through. I really didn't have much expectation from the description, but it is required for first time attendees. He said some neat stories, blah blah. But then he taught us some neat things in relation to our mind and bodies. How we have control of our energy, which he then proceeded to walk me through having little energy to having LOTS of energy.

From there he showed is how our expectations limit our abilities, but that if we can visualize something we CAN achieve it, and we DID. (If you know me in real life, ask me to show you this, it is cool!)

We then had to think of the things that hold us back from the life we want, what is negative, or hurtful or whatever, that keeps me from living a better life? For me it was part laziness, indifference, FEAR, and it is keeping me from living life, being present in my life. I don't want to be hurt again, I actually FEAR being successful.
Next we had to visualize what our life would be like if we broke through that, who would it affect if we broke through that barrier? For me, it would look like Joy and Truth and being Present! It would affect all of my kids, my grandkids my husband! My business would be where I want it, and our finances would be better and on and on....... JOY!

He then gave us all 1 inch thick boards, pine boards, not balsa wood, That we wrote down what we need to break through in our lives. We then wrote a big X over it. On the back side of the board we wrote what our life would look like after that breakthrough and who it would affect.

See where I am going with this?

A leader in our business held the board for us, and we were taught some techniques for breaking it. But that was easier said than done. I did what I was taught, I looked past the board into the leaders eyes, etc. But I could not break that board! And it HURT! The more I tried to break the board, the worse it got. But then, I decided to break THROUGH my issues, I was not letting those stop me from living the life God wants for me! When I stopped trying to break my board and tried to break through my issues, I broke that 1 inch thick board like it was a piece of paper, did not hurt at all!

That was an empowering moment! I cried and cried! Well, I cried watching everyone else break their boards, too. So I cried for a long time! It was a life-altering moment.

I am still struggling with application of my breakthrough, but I CAN do it! It is a choice that I have to keep making. The timing of all of this is not coincidental, either. I NEED to do this right now! With a move to get through, I can't sit on the couch and be absorbed in Facebook all day. I have to have energy, I have to move, I have to do things I don't want to do, and did not think I could do.

I see God giving us a new life. A new gorgeous home. Maybe even a new vehicle (which is pretty amazing, and I hope it pans out!). New friends on the horizon! A chance at a whole new life!  A life we are not afraid to live. A life where we open back up, not afraid of the pain people can cause. New everything!

I wish I had a board to break through every day to keep showing myself that I CAN do this! But to keep it fresh in my memory, I use half the board as my mouse pad so I always see it and remember that I CAN.

You can totally see I had been crying for like an hour! But that is Ok, it was emotional and wonderful and life-changing! I BROKE THAT BOARD WITH MY BARE HANDS!

0 people think my kids are qtpies: