ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 13, 2012

Life keeps on changing!

A few years ago we had this dream.
We bought a 6 bedroom home to raise our children in. The community was nice, great schools but also homeschool friendly, great churches, nice place to live and raise a family. We met some wonderful people that we thought we would be life-long friends with. We dreamed about turning the kids' bedrooms into fun play places for our grandchildren, bunkbeds galore!

The last couple of years have changed so much. We were hurt by our church family, even with reconciliation, the hurt is still barely tolerable. We lost friends over who knows what. The town because less safe, with bomb threats, bank robberies and a string of robberies in the strip malls. Not to mention all the bikes and gas cans and tools we've had stolen from our yard and garage.

But still, we have a new church, and still have wonderful friends! The really close connection and feeling of being home disappeared. We have felt displaced for quite some time and knew that God was getting ready to move us away. You know, like closer to my husband's work or something.

Donnie wanted to go somewhere warm, he is tired of shoveling snow. So how about Arizona where I have family? Um, sure, honey. But I'm thinking it will never happen. He interviewed a couple of times out there, but nothing. So I grew comfortable.

Donnie continued his job search, even though he adores his job, and his co-workers. Texas, Florida, Arizona, Minnesota. Just applying and going through the process. Nothing.

Then one day after a 15 minute phone interview for a job he wasn't even serious about he got a call that changed our life.

Hey, come work for us, with this 27% pay increase, and oh, by the way, it is in Texas and we want you here in 2 weeks, let us know tomorrow.

Um, yes, we were in shock.

Texas? Really? That is a big pay increase. But leaving our little grandson? Our family? But God has been leading us to move, preparing us to move.

So, we did it. We put on our big boy/girl panties/undies and took the plunge! He accepted and turned in his resignation and moved to Texas!  I am staying behind to deal with all of our loose ends. Packing, sorting, tossing, selling. School. Legal stuff. Moving Donnie's dad somewhere that he will be cared for. Finishing up my work schedule. etc.  We have no idea when we'll be able to be all moved down there. We weren't expecting it would be this soon, or so far. We are not financially prepared to put a down payment/deposit on a place down there.

Limbo.............. That is me.

And what I really want is to make up with my friends before I leave. I have no control over that, though. So I am just trusting God here, and knowing that in heaven it won't matter and we'll party up there. :)

So, I need to restart my business up in Texas! If you know someone in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, especially the west side, who would love to host a Pure Romance party, refer them to me, and I will reward YOU with a gift certificate! Or if you live there and want to host a party, I will give extra hostess rewards!  email me qtpies5 @ msn.com

1 people think my kids are qtpies:

Michelle said...

Hey! Congratulations on your move! I always love to move...you get a fresh start with new places to visit and explore, new restaurants, setting up a new home and meeting new people. I would love a move right about now, but we have two years until Lauren is out of high school, which would be a more appropriate time for us to make a change if we were going to do that.

Keep us posted on when you get settled and what your world looks like when you get there!

Michelle