ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

September 04, 2012

New Year, New fun!

 I have been homeschooling for about 18 years now. I am SO tired of it. Even with my unschooling, lower requirements, I am just not giving it as much as I should be. I am worn out! So, I decided to put all the kids in school this year. Maybe I will homeschool again, but if not, it is OK. 
Today was Sam and Trinity's first day of public school ever! Trinity started 3rd grade and Sam started Kindergarten. Hope was supposed to start 10th grade today, but she was so sick, I wouldn't let her go. Cody started 11th grade in online school today.
Trinity and Sam were so excited to go to school today!
 Here they are walking to the bus stop. Where the bus never showed up. We were there from 7:35 to 8:05 and gave up.
 The ride home was even more dramatic, but I'm too traumatized to talk about THAT one yet. But the kids loved school, and I am hopeful that we can make it work, even with the transition to Texas next month.

 We also have another change coming! This picture is Faith, my little granddaughter, and she is going to be a big sister next spring!
Drew and Jannessa are due May 10th, which is my mom's 61st birthday. We couldn't be more excited! I'm not-so-secretly- hoping that Kaytlin gets pregnant soon, too, not that she is hoping that with Liam only being 4 months old.

Donnie is already living in our new home in Texas. It isn't fun to be so far apart, or for me to have to pack up the house and handle everything without him, but the move to Texas is going to be so good for us. God has His hands all over this move, so I am very excited about it!

Our new house is pretty fantastic, and I am so intimidated by it! I will have to blog pictures of it soon. It is a 2.5 bathroom, which I am THRILLED about! Right now we share our master bath with the main bath, and that is not fun having people use the bathroom when we are in bed. :) There are so many wonderful features that I am looking forward to. The kitchen has a built in book shelf for my cook books, and so much storage and a walk in pantry! I think the kids are going to love the loft that looks down on the living room, probably a little too much, and there will be lots of things dropped "on accident" to see what happens. The bathroom upstairs for the kids has a separate room for the sink from the toilet and shower/tub. And the master bath has a separate room just for the toilet. (THAT one is going to be appreciated!!!)

Donnie's dad will be moving to an assisted living place next week. That will be so nice for him. But a huge change for all of us.

So much new starting up for us! I am looking forward to the new, and dreading the process. Packing and downsizing is so much work, and I have a bad back and now a sprained foot. Not easy, but I HAVE to get things done. The doing hurts, and I have to rest frequently. And I feel lazy. But I don't want to be permanently injured, either.  Downsizing is pretty freeing, though! Looking forward to an easier life!

0 people think my kids are qtpies: