ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

November 08, 2012

Texas, not so bad!

There are lots of things about moving here that have been frustrating, like getting kids IN school. Getting speech help for Sam. Getting cars registered. Getting a driver's license. Driving anywhere with road construction that won't be done until 2015, when it will be time to start all over again.

But there are lots of wonderful things, too. The weather is beautiful! Yes, it will be hot in the summer, and I will not care for that, but I care LESS for 4 feet of snow. If I can't drive through it without shoveling, then it is way too much for my taste. Lots of fun new experiences here, like seeing a longhorn cattle drive and rodeos, catching lizards.

The hardest thing for me, though, is being away from my family and friends. Especially when something is going on and you know you friend needs you and all you can do is pray. But even being away is not something so horrible that I can't stand it. Probably because I grew up moving back and forth between MN and AZ, missing one parent or the other, and siblings, moving away from friends. I know that life goes on, and it isn't the end.

I did see TX as a temporary move, and it could still be one, but I am not sure I want to move back to Minnesota. Maybe Arizona, where I have some family. Minnesota maybe when we can be snow birds and spend the winter in the south!

1 people think my kids are qtpies:

DeeDee said...

it will grow on you here...I always thought I would want to go back.. but I find I actually like it her... I wish I had more friends as that part has been hard.. I have no kids in school. I am kind of a home body.. but the friends I have made.. awesome... give Texas a little time.. you might just grow to loveit... :D