ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

May 13, 2007

Seven things about me Meme.

I've been tagged by Momma's Gone Madto do a meme with seven random facts about me. 100 Things about me has lots more things about me. I'm pretty different, so I think I can do more than those 100. I've also done Six weird things meme (which ended up being more like 9). And I'm sure that I can STILL come up with 7 random things about me.
I'm not going to tag anyone, except maybe my mom, because I've seen so many people do this one. If you haven't done it, please feel free to be tagged by me and comment that you are doing it, also.
1. I played the "choking game" when I was a kid and I went into convulsions and was blind for a day. I had no idea how lucky I was not to die. That "friend" was a bad influence on me in many ways. (I'm SURE my mom will have something to add to this, it made her MAD when she found out that was why I was blind and having seizures, so I didn't tell her until I lived in another country.) The chocking game is dangerous and everyone should talk to their kids about it. I was in 6th grade, so don't think your kid is too young.
2. I'm not sure I ever fessed up to this to my mom, but I smoked when I was a teen. (Sorry mom!) It wasn't much, I was not addicted. I pretty much only did it when I was out drinking, lol. (Sorry, mom!)
3. My boys say that once a girl calls them at our home its "Bye-bye nice mom forever." True, I freak at them talking to girls that like them, but I don't about all girls calling them. I just make it miserable enough that they don't encourage girls to call them, lol.
4. Most of our family thinks we are freaks. Jesus freaks, religious freaks, baby making freaks, etc. We don't immunize, we don't circumcise, we don't allow dating, we home schooled, we don't use birth control now, we had a vasectomy reversal, we are believers in Christ and believe in letting Him lead our family..... we go against the grain in most things.
5. I have two moms. My Mom and my Ma. I look like my mom, and my sister looks like Ma, but people say we look alike, so we must look like our dad!
6. I struggle with maintaining a clean house. I can clean it, I just can't keep it up constantly. I can't figure it out! I've done all the books: the Messie's Manual, Slob Sisters, Fly Lady... The only time I did really well was when I did not have any kids under the age of 5, and I kept it all together then, and I don't know why!
7. We have 3 computers side by side, plus my husband's work laptop. All in the living room. We have 8 out of 9 people who want to get on the computer daily. Two do online school, we all play games for hobbies, we like to play against each other or with each other for fun. We don't go out much, so it works out well for us. We keep them in the living room together for accountability, no sneaking onto bad websites.
Ok, Mom at Bring Your Own Cheese, The Whine is Free , you are tagged. Which means you have to do this! I know you have plenty of things to say about yourself, because you haven't really done a post about why you are where you are, raising grandkids, having SO many grandkids and great-grandkids at only 55......

10 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

You're not alone....

My dining room is totally dilled with laundry baskets and I DON'T care.

I just keep that door closed.

Kat said...

I have one kid and can't keep my house clean I bow to mothers that have large famlies and still keep a somewhat clean house.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are one interesting lady. And I've actually never heard of the choking game...sounds pretty scary to me!

yofed said...

I'll consider myself tagged... but I'll only be able to write it tonight... I have to cook and try to attempt to clean!

JAM said...

Babystepper tagged me with this the other day, and I finally got around to posting mine today too.

Your's is better than mine. I've pretty much spilled my guts about myself over the past year on my blog. I had to think for three days to finally end up with seven.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for checking up on me. I'm fine... just havent had the time or inspiration to blog lately. We went camping this last weekend. My kids were sick and throwing up on me, and it was freezing cold. But we had fun. I'll be back to blogging hopefully soon.

yofed said...

Here it is!


http://yofed.blogspot.com/2007/05/7-things-about-me.html

Rebecca said...

You should be very proud of #4. I love hearing about parents who take an ACTIVE role in parenting.

Anyway, I just wanted to stop by and let you know I posted the answers to last Thursdays yes or no Q's. It's up at Any Apples

alisonwonderland said...

fun list! i did this meme (or something similar) last night.

re: #4. we go against the grain in most things. that's one of the things i like about you! i've always taken a perverse sense of pleasure in doing things that other people didn't expect or said i couldn't or shouldn't. i like to "rock the boat".

byoc said...

I'm trying it again.
Yes, I was mad when I found out the seizures and blindness were self-inflicted. I was pregnant at the time, and my husband refused to get out of bed to take qtpie to the hospital - he said "she probably brought it on herself" Even when I found she had, I didn't tell him he was right.
Yes, you do look like your father.
As far as maintaining a clean house - you are your mother's daughter - I have the same books and probably more.

I am proud that you stand up for your beliefs and dare to be "a freak" rather than pretend to be what you think others expect you to be.