ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

May 17, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #17





Thirteen Random Things about Lisa

1. I've been para sailing. It was scary getting off the ground, I was afraid I'd be drug face-first across the beach and water, but being in the air was not scary. It doesn't even feel like you are up high. It even got kind of boring sitting up there.
2. This is my best friend. I have a couple of best friends here in MN, but this is my heart sister best friend. I can't imagine my life without her. She lives in Virginia, but we both have unlimited long distance! The baby is Gabriel, her youngest.
2. I find this funny, and oh, so very true! I probably do look that frumpy, as I sit here in my bathrobe, but my nose is not that big.
3. I want to learn to knit completely because I want to learn to make these dish clothes. I'm sure I'd do other things, too, but this is cool! 4. Such as these bibs! I just happened to have ordered the blue one yesterday! I can't wait to get it! I'll be reviewing it, I'm sure.
5. I am obsessed with cloth diapers, though it isn't as bad lately. But does it get any cuter than this?
6. I have a rather strange, and sometimes mean, sense of humor.
7. I find this funny.


8. and this...

9. and this...

10. I feel totally inadequate to do my jobs: mothering, women's ministry leader, friend, wife, Christian.
11. God is bigger than that inadequacy, and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Where I am weak, He is strong. Through my weakness, He shows Himself.
12. I have to leave for a meeting in about 8 minutes. I am on the computer doing this, while both of the kids who are coming with me are sleeping. I am responsible for dressing them AND me, none of us are dressed, lol.
13. I love blogging and email and surfing the net, and don't forget Youtube, I love that, too. But I can't figure out things I want to do, like change the word "comments" to something else, and yes, I know blogging101 has the instructions, but it doesn't work on new blogger, and I can't get music to play on here.




Links to other Thursday Thirteens! 1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

13 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

Isn't unlimited long distance the best thing ever?
I liked your TT & your Wordless Wednesday - I got dizzy and I'm not even tipsy - yet - ;)
Have a wonderful day,
Frances

Denise Patrick said...

Very funny videos in your TT. But, #11 says it all! Nice TT!

Unknown said...

I love the guys in that 3rd video!

Unknown said...

What a neat list..I want to learn to knit and crochet!!

dawnae said...

I want to learn to quilt...Know how to knit and crochet...(a little)...Okay cloth diapers are not what they used to be...I am officially impressed!

Chelle Y. said...

I totally feel inadequate sometimes to call myself a child of God. Thankfully, He has patience with me. When I feel that way, I just have to remember it's all Him, and nothing I could ever do to receive His grace and mercy!

My best friend lives in MN!

Jen said...

Ooh, that is a neat dishcloth, do you have a pattern for it?

Those are cute bibs :-)

My T-13 is up! http://jenanddavin.blogspot.com/

Carina said...

You are definitely one of a kind, Lisa! That's why we love you.

Samantha & Mom said...

Very cool TT. The videos are funny. Enjoyed it a lot. So nice to meet you.
Be blessed,
Samantha, Tigger and Mom

Anonymous said...

Great List! I learn to knit before but fail because I have not patient. :P

Btw, thanks for dropping by my blog and the comment. Nice to meet you. :)

byoc said...

Good grief Lisa, where do you find those videos? It took me over an hour to be able to watch them.

I have never thought of you as ever feeling inadequate. You've always been so independent.

Tink said...

Unlimited long distance sounds very good to me. The video's are so funny!
Thanks for visiting my detective TT!

Jeannine said...

LOL! This is funny. Nice TT!