ss_blog_claim=8ec1466a89eb4f6f610664b853a97eba
Our 7 Qtpies

August 30, 2007

Thursday Thirteen~ Contest Answers


Last week I used my Thursday Thirteen to celebrate my 1yr blogaversary. I asked 13 questions that could be answered somewhere in my blog. One was really tough because you could not find it in the search blog feature! Seven people got all the answers right, so I put their names in for a drawing for a $25 Gift certificate to Amazon, or elsewhere if the winner chooses.
The WINNER is...................... Denise of Denise's Den! I numbered all the entrants and used a random number generator to get the number.
Now, as promised, here are the answers to the questions:
1. What is my favorite sitcom/tv show? I love this show! Its the only show we've bought on DVD. But I wouldn't watch it at first because we thought it was so stupid it would dumb us down. (is that enough hints?) Scrubs!
2. Where were my first 3 kids born? Germany it is number 47 on my list of 100 things.
3. What is my one true phobia? Spiders! This is probably ALL over my blog. #62 on my 100. It is number 10 in Thursday Thirteen #20.
4. Who is my favorite author? (there are two listed) Beverly Lewis or Jeanette Oake. #95
5. Why would my husband be afraid to give me jewelry? Because it frequently accompanies me getting pregnant. #83
6. What was the topic of my very first Thursday Thirteen? 13 Things I like about my kids.
7. What did Devon do to shave time off his swim that made his father gag? Shaved his legs!
8. Boys are pretty gross, but what is the most disgusting thing my boys have said they would eat for money, and for how little bit of money? Poop, for as little as $50.
9. You have to have a sense of humor when you have lots of kids! What is my favorite come-back to the question "Don't you know what causes that?" (there are two answers, either one is fine!) Yes, but we just love pizza! or Yes, and we are REALLY good at it!
10. Here's a tough one: What sport is a "religion" to our youth group? Dodgeball! The kids love it and play it every week. They had shirts made that say "Dodgeball is a religion, Christianity is a relationship." This was a hard answer to find because the answer is in a picture.
11. What did we tell our kids is the most powerful weapon on Earth? The Tongue! Several people said "A Devotional" from the title, but in the post is the answer.
12. Besides the computer and blogging, what am I addicted to? (sick, twisted addicted, according to the kids) Not coffee or chocolate! Cloth diapers!
13. Who was the uninvited guest at our ladies night out? Bats! That was a fun night out!

15 people think my kids are qtpies:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I see where you have won again on Lille Punkin Reviews. You really are on a winning streak, aren't you?

Rebecca said...

How fun! Happy TT13 :P

Lori said...

Hey....I feel like I know you better already:) I love Scrubs too but the jewelry comment made me laugh out loud. That was too cute...Happy TT. Its always fun to read your stuff. I love it!!

Anonymous said...

This was so cute!! Your jewelry comment was funny!

Cindy Swanson said...

I never got around to answering these last week, but great idea for a list! As for Scrubs...I love it too, and own some of the DVD's. "I can't do this all on my own...I'm no superman!" :)

Also, I've read several Beverly Lewis books and really enjoyed them.

Deb said...

Those were fun things to learn - I liked the jewelry comment too! :)

Unknown said...

this really is a fun list!!! Thanks for letting us get to know you!

Carina said...

I really love the "do you know what causes that" responses.

It sort of reminds me of when our kids were born, and people kept telling us, "He/She is beautiful. You guys did a good job."

Did a good job with..what, exactly?

Chelle Y. said...

I loved Janette Oak! I used to read her books as soon as they hit the Bible Book Stores. I have not read her latest. It's been so busy!

Anonymous said...

Fun list!

Still can't believe I got them all right. lol

Michelle said...

#8 made me a little queasy but I also had to laugh. One day I hope to have a boy so we can have just as much fun. lol Fun list!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Denise! Looks like that must have been fun.

Happy TT!

Sassyfrazz said...

That was a fun game to do for a contest. Yes, I do have a few of my toys from when I was younger...and the dolls I hope to let Maddie play with someday. I hope your computer is fixed soon!

Robin said...

What a clever idea for a TT. I haven't played dodgeball since I was a kid...

Unknown said...

You sound like such a fun mom. I am jealous. I can never think of funny things to do and say with my kids...